Advance Your Career in the Growing International Construction Market
Students in Lebanese American University’s online Master of Science in International Construction Management build comprehensive knowledge and practical skills, graduating as experts prepared to manage all aspects of international construction projects.
- The MS in International Construction Management is the only program of its kind in the region and is delivered 100% online for maximum flexibility.
- This degree is ideal for current professionals seeking advancement in the industry as well as those ready to begin a career in construction management.
- Industry partnerships ensure you make valuable network connections while studying a curriculum relevant to today’s global marketplace.
- Accelerate study option to bring your career forward and graduate in as little as 12-14 months.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program and to be contacted by phone or email.
NOTE: * REQUIRED FIELD
In-Demand Construction Management Careers
Contracts managers are the bridge between a construction company and their clients. They draft and negotiate contracts, conduct risk management and ensure that terms are accurate, up-to-date and clear. In addition, contracts managers maintain all documentation and serve as a central point of contact for all parties.1
In the construction industry, project managers are responsible for the administrative work involved in building projects. They estimate cost, manage timelines, conduct quality control and make sure construction goals are met on schedule and within budget.2
These construction management professionals ensure that the correct materials and tools are on site for construction projects. Senior quantity surveyors oversee inventory, control costs, facilitate timely delivery and work closely with suppliers and stakeholders for the project’s duration.3
Also known as construction managers, site managers oversee all parts of a construction project. They manage complex teams of contract workers and internal employees to maintain quality and ensure timely work completion. Site managers may also communicate directly with clients to update them on construction progress.4
Job Outlook and Industry Insights
The construction industry has become a rapidly changing landscape over the past decade, due in part to the impact of emerging technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), robotics and more. Another factor driving industry development is the recently concluded World Trade Organization and Washington Accord treaties, which now allow construction industry professionals to practice outside their country of citizenship. This change has expanded opportunities for construction business across borders, geographic regions and time zones, fostering significant growth at the international level.
With an international construction management degree from Lebanese American University, you can begin your construction career or advance in your current job, qualifying for leadership roles in commercial, residential, heavy and industrial construction.
- The construction industry accounts for around one-tenth of the world’s GDP and 7% of employment.5
- The Gulf Cooperation Council construction project market was worth an estimated $3.2 trillion in 2021 and continues to grow rapidly year over year.6
- 68% of global wealth is currently in land and real estate.7
- Buildings are the largest contributor to growth in the construction sector, with new contractor awards estimated to value $45.1 billion in 2022.6
What You’ll Learn
Graduates of the MS in International Construction Management degree program attain the following Student Outcomes:
- Solve complex problems in managing international construction projects.
- Apply advanced tools in international construction project management.
- Make critical judgments based on a sound knowledge base.
- Function effectively on a team while providing leadership.
Skills You’ll Gain
- Project estimating and planning
- Jobsite management
- Risk analysis
- Accounting and finance
- Labor relations
- Sustainable construction
- Payscale.com. Contracts Manager. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Contracts_Manager/Salary.
- Payscale.com. Project Manager, Construction. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Project_Manager%2C_Construction/Salary.
- Payscale.com. Senior Quantity Surveyor. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Senior_Quantity_Surveyor/Salary.
- Payscale.com. Construction Manager. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Construction_Manager/Salary.
- World Trade Organization. Construction and related engineering services. Retrieved from https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/serv_e/construction_e/construction_e.htm.
- Light Middle East, Intelligent Building Middle East. GCC’s construction sector to see US$111.8 billion worth in new contractor awards in 2022 – Ventures ONSITE. Retrieved from https://light-middle-east.ae.messefrankfurt.com/dubai/en/press/2021/2021/gcc-construction-sector-growth-2022.html.
- McKinsey Global Institute. The rise and rise of the global balance sheet: How productively are we using our wealth? Retrieved from https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/financial-services/our-insights/the-rise-and-rise-of-the-global-balance-sheet-how-productively-are-we-using-our-wealth.